Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lisa and Casey make scones!

So I've been doing a decent amount of knitting for some secret Christmas gifts (Ravelry members you can see what I'm working on here) and it has been going great so far! I'm really happy with my progress and I think that I will definitely get everything done that I want to! I am also thinking about making some dishcloths for various family members so that should be good too. I just bought the supplies to work on those yesterday so hopefully I will get them soon. I figured these could be a good knitting in public project since they are small and portable. I think that these, these, and these would be nice.

Aside from knitting, not too much has been going on. However, I made some yummy blueberry scones with my friend Lisa (courtesy of her mom's recipe!). They look like they came out pretty good!





Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbl. butter-chilled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries (any fruit will work though)

Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Sift the dry ingredients
- Cut butter in with pastry blender
- Mix wet ingredients in measuring cup (for convenience) and then combine with dry ingredients with slightly floured hands.
- Form dough into a ball and spread out onto a glass baking dish or a cookie sheet then cut like a pizza with a serrated knife.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment