Friday, June 15, 2012

It's been a while...

It's been a decently long time since I've posted here. Things are so busy with school that I just don't have enough time to do all of the things I want to do. I wish I had more time to be crafty, more time to cook good food, more time to read books for fun, more time to exercise, and more time to relax, but school is just so time consuming and tiring. I finished last semester pretty strongly, but having a summer semester right afterwards is pretty difficult. Things in the summer are more accelerated so it makes for a busy two months. On top of that I'm trying to plan my wedding that is in two years. I know it's early to start the planning but if I don't do it now I won't have time to do it when things start to get busy.

Luckily, after this next week I will be done with classes for 6 months. My school has a co-op program in which you spend 6 months in school and 6 months working full time. Starting July 2nd I will be working full time and I can't wait!! I will have much more time to do the leisurely things that I like to do such as crafting and reading and wedding planning. 

Some things that I want to get done while I'm working:
- Start knitting myself an afghan. I haven't decided on a pattern yet, but I really want to knit an afghan to have in my apartment/future home. 
- Learn how to crochet granny squares in case I want to make a granny square afghan
- Knit some more potholders for my mom
- Find some fun things to knit for myself
- Read more. I want to make time to read a lot over the next 6 months because I don't get much time to do it while I'm in school.
- Get the big stuff planned for my wedding like the venue, photographer, DJ, florist, and cake person.

That's all for now!

p.s. I just got a Goodreads account and it seems like a really awesome way to keep track of the books you have already read, books you are currently reading, and books you want to read. I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment