Thursday, June 28, 2012

I learned how to crochet!

Granny square afghan, here I come!!

I decided that I wanted to learn how to crochet granny squares because I love them and it would be great to be able to make an afghan or two (or a million)!! They are so quick and easy that I can imagine myself making afghans for everyone I know. The only problem now is that my budget just doesn't have enough room in it for afghan amounts of yarn! Oh well.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the granny squares that I've completed. I am just making them out of sugar n' cream cotton because that's what I had lying around.






My favorite is the one where I start off with orange and then go to the white and then back to orange. I think that the switching of colors adds some interest compared to not switching colors and that it is a traditional granny square look. I have to work on my technique a bit more, but I'm excited to start working on making squares for an afghan sometime soon!

Do you crochet? How do you make your granny squares? What do you think the best yarn choice is for granny squares? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment