Friday, February 24, 2012

Non-FO Friday

Wow, its been forever since I've posted here!

Here's what I've been up to:

School! I've been extremely busy with my school work this semester and have had to put a lot of time into it so that means less time for knitting :( I have missed at least 4 knit nights in a row and have knit maybe once a week for the past few weeks. It's awful! I just find that when I sit down at the end of the day my mind and body are so exhausted that even "mindless knitting" is hard for me to do.

That being said, I do have two things on the needles right now. One is a pair of legwarmers for a friend and the other is a dishtowel for myself just because. The legwarmers are coming along nicely and I have almost finished the first one, but the pattern isn't the most intuitive and I am still getting used to DPNs so it is slow going. I also can't really knit this while watching tv because I constantly have to look at what I'm doing so I miss most of the show! The dishtowel is just a basic garter stitch towel, nothing fancy. I had some extra cotton lying around in a color that I wouldn't want to use for gift knitting so I figured I would use it on myself.

Luckily this weekend won't be too busy so hopefully I can get some knitting in and my spring break is coming up so I really hope to get the legwarmers done for my friend during that time off as well. Also, I think that I might cast on something for myself! I need an instant gratification knit, probably some sort of cute scarf. If you have any suggestions, let me know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment